Tuesday 4 June 2013

Chime for Change

On Saturday I was lucky enough to go to the Chime for Change concert in London. Chime for Change is a philanthropic community working to promote Education, Health and Justice for women and girls around the world. What's great about Chime for Change is that it brings attention to a wide range of different, interesting projects. You can peruse all the projects on their site, read about them, watch videos about their work, and then donate to the ones that really speak to you.

The concert itself was amazing and I'm immensely grateful to my wonderful friend, Jay, and her family for the ticket. 



For me the highlights were Florence & the Machine (Florence floated across that stage like some sort of ethereal earth-goddess; I couldn't take my eyes off her), John Legend singing 'Bridge Over Troubled Water', and J-Lo's cover of the The Beatles' 'Come Together' with Mary J Blige.

"Savour this moment guys... we will never again be this close to James Franco."


And, of course, Beyonce's performance was the absolute perfect finale to an awesome night. I loved the enthusiasm with which the whole stadium sang along to 'Irreplaceable' (one of my all time favourite Beyonce songs). Also, Jay-Z's cameo appearance in 'Crazy in Love' left me grinning maniacally.

No comments:

Post a Comment